Mercer KiwiSaver offers you a wide range of benefits, investments and services to help you achieve your financial goals. Whether you're saving for your first home or retirement, the Mercer KiwiSaver scheme might be right for you
Call our Helpline on 0508 637 237 if you have any trouble logging in or would like advice on the Mercer KiwiSaver scheme.
Along with our great investment performance, Mercer's KiwiSaver scheme was awarded a Platinum rating by research group SuperRatings for the fourth year running for delivering value for money.
What can you use KiwiSaver for?
You can access your KiwiSaver funds once you reach the qualifying age for New Zealand Superannuation, currently age 65, or – if you joined after you turned 60 and once you’ve been a member for 5 years.
You can withdraw all or part of your savings to use towards the purchase of your first home once you’ve been a contributing KiwiSaver member for three or more years. You must be buying your first property in New Zealand, to live in, not as an investment property. You have to leave a minimum of $1,000 in your KiwiSaver account after a withdrawal is made and funds transferred into your KiwiSaver account from an Australian Complying Superannuation Scheme cannot be withdrawn for the purchase of a home. For more information, read our free KiwiSaver first home withdrawal guide or watch the video.
You can also withdraw your KiwiSaver money if you are suffering serious financial hardship or serious illness. Rules apply which you can view here.
Growing your KiwiSaver money
You can grow your KiwiSaver money by making contributions yourself, as well as receiving a boost from your employer and the Government. It is important to consider factors like how much you contribute, your investment fund choice and the tax you pay on investment earnings, may make a significant difference to your house deposit or retirement balance.
Your employer must contribute at least 3% of your before-tax salary or wages, but may also contribute at other rates.
To find out how much you're likely to need in retirement check out our Retirement Income Simulator.
Mercer KiwiSaver Benefits
Knowing all the facts could save you money and maximise your returns. Find out the latest investment performance information here.
- Performance: A strong track record in investment performance and our default conservative fund has delivered strong returns compared with the other default providers. More information on our performance details as well as monthly investment reports are available to view.
- Flexible and diverse range of investment options: You can invest in any of our seven investment options - from 100% Cash to 100% Shares. Use our Risk Profiler online tool to find out which investment option (s) is right for you.
- Support and financial advice for free: Access to a Mercer financial advisers who are able to help you with your investment decisions. To speak to a Mercer financial adviser for free, you can click here to request a call back or email us at NZAdvice@mercer.com.
- Online management: You can easily view how your investment is performing online and manage your account online. You can also make deposits straight into your KiwiSaver account via your online banking.
- Insurance: With Mercer SaverProtect Insurance, you can protect your Mercer KiwiSaver scheme contributions if you can’t work due to illness, injury or redundancy. Mercer SaverProtect is a free benefit* available to Mercer LifeProtect and/or Mercer Bill Protect customers.